Sunday, May 24, 2009

Garden termite

On Thursday, I got the opportunity to see how a termite mound looked like. A service was required to destroy the garden termite mound found in one customer's garden. I've followed my supervisor and technician to go there and I just stood beside and 'watched the show' =P

The garden termites were belonged to the Macrotermes sp. My supervisor managed to find the centre of the nest and found the queen of the termite~~ Once the queen was eliminated, the colony of the termites were considered destroyed. The technician then sprayed the mound with chemical pesticide to kill the rest of the termites
.


1st circle - workers
2nd circle - queen
3rd circle - soldier
4th circle on the right bottom - king



My supervisor asked me to hold the queen first @,@



The queen was preserved inside alcohol in the end =.=

PS: click on the image to have a larger view

2 comments:

the lynx said...

Hehe did the guys eat the queen? I heard it's good and natural substitute for Viagra...
Just joking but traditional termite queens were hunted and eaten raw as a booster for tenaga 'batin' :p Just some info for you to know next time... Learn more and have fun!

Fuyu said...

hahaha....yeah i heard of tat b4 too..
nope...they didnt eat it.. >.<" but they said they've already eaten 80 ekor =.=ll (sweat)