Immune system - provides defense mechanisms against infectious agents
Immunity - mechanisms used by the body as protection against environmental agents that are foreign to the body
Why do we have to study immunology?? So that we can know what's actually happening inside our body?
Do we really have to know that it's pyrogen that causes fever? Do we really have to know that it's pyrogen that stimulates the prostaglandins and reset the hypothalamus thermostat and result in increase of body temperature? Do we really think of it when we're having fever? I mean, it's quite impossible that u'll talk to ppl, "Oh, i'm having fever now, that means my hypothalamus thermostat has been reset...and so on"??
Do we really have to know that inflammation result in release of histamine and cause the vasodilation? Do we really have to know that it's bradykinin that causes us pain? Do we really have to know that it's neutrophils that responsible in engulfing the microbes? It sounds weird when u're having an abscess with pus and say to other ppl, "Yes! I feel pain! That means my bradykinin is functioning well"???? -________-"
Awwwwww.....I hate immunology!!! The exam is on Monday but I still lack mood to study+ study also cannot remember/understand....
Too much terms to memorize...too much mechanisms to know... T_T sccaarreee....


No comments:
Post a Comment